We would like to acknowledge that the land on which Stoney Creek Montessori School sits is within the traditional territory of the Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) and Mississauga Nations. We honour the enduring presence of the indigenous people and express our gratitude that we can work within these lands.
Stoney Creek Montessori is a traditional Montessori school located in the centre of Lower Stoney Creek, Ontario, for children 18 months to 7 years of age.
It is a nurturing and joyful place where each child is treated as an individual. It is the Montessori way to allow children to develop at their own pace. Accordingly, everything in Stoney Creek Montessori’s environment reflects a dedication to quality, beauty, and the children’s abilities to do things for themselves.
Stoney Creek Montessori is proud to:
- implement a traditional Montessori curriculum with small class sizes focusing on excellence in method, teaching, and materials
- be managed by experienced, qualified, and caring teachers
- offer a holistic approach to learning
- offer a curriculum that pays special attention to our natural surroundings, the arts, Canada’s rich history (including that of the First Nations), Canada’s multilingual setting (including French and other languages), and our increasingly diverse future
- be an independent, non-religiously affiliated institution which welcomes and respects children and families from all faiths, ethnicities, and heritage backgrounds
- be a socially responsible, equal opportunities employer
- be a meaningful local community partner and contributor to the Stoney Creek and Hamilton communities offering a schedule of diverse regular programs outside of school hours