The land on which Stoney Creek Montessori School sits is within the traditional territory of the Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) and Mississauga Nations. We honour the enduring presence of the indigenous people and express our gratitude that we can work within these lands.
Stoney Creek Montessori is a traditional, women-run, Montessori school located in the centre of Hamilton/Lower Stoney Creek, Ontario, for children 18 months to 6 years of age.
It is a nurturing and joyful place where each child is treated as an individual. It is the Montessori way to allow children to develop at their own pace. Accordingly, everything in Stoney Creek Montessori’s environment reflects a dedication to quality, beauty, and the children’s abilities to do things for themselves.
Stoney Creek Montessori is proud to:
- implement a traditional Montessori curriculum with small class sizes focusing on excellence in method, teaching, and materials
- be managed by experienced, qualified, and caring teachers
- offer a holistic approach to learning
- implement a robust pandemic management policy with strict cohorting, sanitation twice each day, and restricted access to the site on top of other Public Health directives
- offer a curriculum that pays special attention to our natural surroundings, the arts, Canada’s rich history (including that of the First Nations), Canada’s multilingual setting (including French and other languages), and our increasingly diverse future
- support the growth and development of students in the Hamilton area. Our interns hail from Mohawk College, Oxford College, Redeemer College, and Montessori Teachers College with Early Childhood Education, Montessori Education, Social Work, and Bachelors’ of Education fields.
- be an independent, non-religiously affiliated institution which welcomes and respects children and families from all faiths, ethnicities, and heritage backgrounds
- be a socially responsible, equal opportunities employer
- be a meaningful local community partner and contributor to the Stoney Creek and Hamilton communities
Parents are welcome to register their children on our waiting list. We also occasionally have staff vacancies.