Stoney Creek Montessori’s fee schedule is updated in January of each year with any anticipated changes for the upcoming academic year. We aim to keep our fee reasonable and do not exclude families already in our care if any increases pose a difficulty to them.
Annual and One-off Fees
- $500: one-off registration fee for each new student or $200 registration fee for each returning student if there is a gap in enrolment for any reason other than the summer break
- $500 materials fee per year for each new student, due from February each year for the upcoming school year. This fee is $300 per year for each existing student enrolled before December 31st, 2021.
- Tuition deposit (one month’s fee) for new students, which is held and applied to the child’s final month of enrolment
- Nidos from 16-18 months old (conditional upon walking steadily): $1,550 per month
- Bambinis from 19 to 36 months: $1,420 per month
- CASA Year 1 from age 3 to 4 years: $1,340 per month
- CASA Year 2 from age 4 to 5 years: $1,280 per month
- CASA Year 3+ from age 5 to 6 years: $1,200 per month
The monthly tuition fee does not fluctuate during the year. Holidays, professional development days, and pre-planned school closures are accounted for in our annual fee, which is then divided into 12 equal payments. These dates can be viewed in our calendar.
Stoney Creek Montessori is unable to accept child care subsidies as the program, managed by the City of Hamilton, has been closed to new applicant schools since before SCM’s founding.
Extended Days and late pick up fees
School hours are from 8.30 am to 4:30 pm each day until August 2022. From September 2022, school hours are 8.30 am to 4.15 pm. Extended hours are available upon request and at additional cost. Early extended care is from 7.30 am to 8.30 am. Late extended care is from 4.15 pm to 5.30 pm.
- Bambinis: $140 per month for early care; $140 per month for late care
- Casa: $100 per month for early care; $100 per month for late care
Early and late care provision is dependant on restrictions imposed by Public Health. When we are required to cancel early and late care, SCM will inform parents in advance.
Emergency Care is for use when a family has an unplanned situation and is in need of last-minute care before or after the standard school day. Due to the operational and staffing costs incurred when a parent/guardian is late, a late fee will be invoiced. Emergency care must be coordinated in advance with the Site Supervisor (by email or phone) before using this service to ensure adequate staffing is available. The fee is $10 per 15 minutes (or part thereof), per child.
Late pick-up and early drop off fee (unscheduled). Stoney Creek Montessori closes at 4:30 pm, except for children enrolled in pre-arranged late care. Parents are asked to plan sufficient time to collect their child, their child’s belongings, to have any staff discussion, and leave the centre before 4:30 p.m. Due to the operational and staffing costs incurred when a parent/guardian is late, a late fee will be invoiced. A similar charge is levied when a child is dropped off before the official start time in the morning. The fee is $20 per 15 minutes (or part thereof), per child.
Methods of payment
- Initial registration fees are payable by e-payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monthly fees are payable by pre-authorised debit. An authorisation form will be issued for this.
- Invoices and receipts are issued via Quickbooks.
- Cheques are not accepted. If you require an exception, please reach out to us.
- MONTHLY PAYMENTS
- Payments are accepted by pre-authorised debit. A form will be issued to parents via Docusign.
- An invoice will be issued on the 20th of each month for the following month. Fees are debited on the 28th. Where the 28th falls on a weekend or holiday, the fee will be debited on the next business day.
- ANNUAL PAYMENTS receive a 5% discount.
- An invoice will be issued indicating the amount due, including any annual or sibling discounts
- Payments are acceptable by cheque or e-payment.
- The first half of the annual payment is due by March 15th and the second half is due by June 15th.
Terms & Conditions
Please review Stoney Creek Montessori’s Parent Handbook for full details of our enrolment policies. They include the following:
- Meals are included in tuition fees.
- The older of two siblings receives a 5% discount on tuition fees
- Enrolment is confirmed after the school receives the registration fee, materials fee and last month’s deposit. Enrolment forms are not required until 6 weeks before enrolment begins.
- There is no refund or reduction in fees in case of withdrawal, dismissal, absence, cancellation or non-attendance.
- If a child has been enrolled for less than 6 months: Fees for the current month as well as fees paid in the form of the tuition deposit (final 30 days) will be forfeit if the child has been at SCMS for 6 months or less. These, along with the registration fee and materials fee, are non-refundable.
- If a child has been enrolled for 6 months or more and 30 days notice is provided, the tuition deposit will be applied to the last 30 days of the child’s time at the school.
- The monthly tuition fee does not fluctuate during the year. Holidays, professional development days, and pre-planned school closures are accounted for in our annual fee, which is then divided into 12 equal payments. Holidays and closure dates can be viewed in our calendar.
- Children may opt out of enrolment during the July-August summer program each year provided written notice is given by April 1st. This deadline for opting out of summer enrolment, and other important dates, can be viewed in our calendar.
- The School is closed at certain periods of the year, including a few days in August and over the winter holidays. You can see the entire school calendar on this page.