Stoney Creek Montessori’s fee schedule is updated in January of each year with any anticipated changes for the upcoming academic year. We aim to keep our fee reasonable and do not exclude families already in our care if any increases pose a difficulty to them. We are part of the CWELCC (commonly referred to as “$10 a day childcare”).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions – we do not answer enrolment inquiries over the phone. To waitlist your child, please use this form.
Base fees – registration and enrolment
- $236.25: a one-off non-refundable registration base fee for each student (this is not an annual fee).
- $236.25: non-refundable annual materials base fee per year, due from February each year for the upcoming school year.
- Tuition deposit (one month’s tuition) for new students, which is held and applied to the child’s final month of enrolment once notice is given in accordance with the Withdrawal Policy contained within the school’s Parent Handbook.
Base fees – monthly tuition
We are part of the CWELCC (commonly referred to as “$10 a day childcare”). The fees on this page, including the fees noted below, reflect the reduced levels applicable from 31st December 2022.
- Nidos from 16-18 months old (conditional upon walking steadily): $732.38 per month base fee
- Bambinis from 19 to 36 months: $670.95 per month base fee
- CASA Year 1 from age 3 to 4 years: $633.15 per month base fee
- CASA Year 2 from age 4 to 5 years: $604.80 per month base fee
- CASA Year 3+ from age 5 to 6 years: $567.00 per month base fee
Fees are by age, not by classroom assignment. The monthly tuition fee does not fluctuate during the year. Holidays, professional development days, and pre-planned school closures are accounted for in our annual fee, which is then divided into 12 equal payments. These dates can be viewed in our calendar.
Stoney Creek Montessori cannot accept childcare subsidies as the program, managed by the City of Hamilton, has been closed to new applicant schools since before SCM’s founding.
Other base fees – extended days
School hours are from 8.30 am to 4.15 pm. Extended hours are available upon request and at additional cost. Early extended care is from 7.30 am to 8.30 am. Late extended care is from 4.15 pm to 5 pm. Both are subject to availability.
- Bambinis: $66.15 per month for early care; $66.15 per month for late care
- Casa: $47.25 per month for early care; $47.25 per month for late care
Early and late care provision is dependent on restrictions imposed by Public Health. When we are required to cancel early and/or late care, SCM will inform parents in advance.
Emergency Care is for use when a family is in need of ad-hoc care before or after the standard school day. Due to the operational and staffing costs incurred when additional children remain for extended care, a late fee will be invoiced. Emergency care must be coordinated in advance with the Site Supervisor (by email or phone) before using this service to ensure adequate staffing is available. The fee is $10 per 15 minutes (or part thereof) per CASA child and $15 per 15 minutes (or part thereof) per Bambini child.
Late pick-up and early drop-off fee (unscheduled). Stoney Creek Montessori closes at 4:15 pm, except for children enrolled in pre-arranged late care. Parents are asked to plan sufficient time to collect their child, and their child’s belongings, to have any staff discussion and leave the school before 4:15 p.m. Due to the operational and staffing costs incurred when a parent/guardian is late, a late fee will be invoiced. A similar charge is levied when a child is dropped off before the official start time in the morning. The fee is $20 per 15 minutes (or part thereof), per child.
Methods of payment
- Initial registration and enrolment fees are payable by e-payment to email@example.com
- Monthly fees are payable by pre-authorized debit. An authorization form will be issued for this.
- Invoices and receipts are issued via Quickbooks.
- Cheques are not accepted. If you require an exception, please reach out to us.
- MONTHLY PAYMENTS
- Payments are accepted by pre-authorized debit. A form will be issued to parents for completion electronically.
- An invoice will be issued on the 20th of each month for the following month. Fees are debited on the 28th. Where the 28th falls on a weekend or holiday, the fee will be debited on the next business day.
- ANNUAL PAYMENTS are no longer accepted.
Terms & Conditions
Please review Stoney Creek Montessori’s Parent Handbook for full details of our enrolment policies. They include the following:
- Meals are included in tuition fees.
- Enrolment is confirmed after the school receives the registration fee, materials fee and last month’s deposit. All three fees are non-refundable.
- Enrolment forms are not required until 6 weeks before enrolment begins.
- There is no refund or reduction in fees in case of withdrawal, dismissal, absence, cancellation, vacation or non-attendance.
- If a child has been enrolled for less than 6 months: Fees for the current month as well as fees paid in the form of the tuition deposit (final month) will be forfeited if the child has been at SCMS for 6 months or less. These, along with the registration fee and materials fee, are non-refundable.
- If a child has been enrolled for 6 months or more and 35 days’ notice is provided in accordance with our Parent Handbook policies, the tuition deposit will be applied to the last month of the child’s time at the school. Material and registration fees remain non-refundable.
- Eligible refunds incur a $15 administrative fee.
- The monthly tuition fee does not fluctuate during the year. Holidays, professional development days, and pre-planned school closures are accounted for in our annual fee, which is then divided into 12 equal payments. Holidays and closure dates can be viewed in our calendar.
- Enrolment is not continuous during the Summer Program in July and August of each year. The deadline for opting into the Summer Program, and other important dates, can be viewed in our calendar.
- The School is closed during certain periods of the year, including March break, a few days in June and August, and over the winter holidays as detailed in the school calendar.