Early Childhood Educator (Canada Summer Job Grant)
June (part-time), and full time in July and August 2023.
Remuneration: $18-$21 per hour based on experience and qualifications.
Responsibilities include :
- Welcoming children at the classroom door each morning
- Deliver summer-centred activities and lessons inside the classroom and in the school’s natural playground
- Sanitizing the classroom in line with Ministry and Public Health regulations
- Supporting classroom logging and documentation including updating children’s electronic records for families
- Changing diapers and helping children with toileting
- Providing centre support as needed to meet the children’s needs and support compliance with the regulations of the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Health
The successful candidate should
- Be a Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) (highly desirable) or familiar with Early Childhood Education
- Have experience working with children
- Be compassionate, gentle and enthusiastic when working with children
- Have excellent classroom management skills and communication skills
- Thrive on working collaboratively and independently when required
- Have a proven ability to work flexibly within a team setting
The Canada Job Grant requires that the successful candidate must be
- Under 30 years of age
- a permanent Canadian resident, citizen, or refugee; and
- Able to work full time over an 8 week period in July and August (40 hours per week, between 8 am and 5 pm on weekdays)
- Able to attend training days in late June
Candidates who are able to start on a part-time basis from April or May will be given preference.
Successful candidates will require a police check (order online here), Food Handler’s Certificate and Standard First Aid with CPR-C training before starting employment.
Qualified applicants are invited to send the following
- cover letter, including a description of why you are the right person
- résumé, including two references
to the following email with the subject Canada Summer Grant: firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage applications from Indigenous and racialized communities, recent immigrants or refugees, 2SLGBTQIIA+ individuals, and individuals from communities who have historically experienced barriers in employment.