In July and August each year, Stoney Creek Montessori School offers a summer camp program. While not traditional Montessori, the program is Montessori-informed and filled with activities to encourage creative, exploration, and curiosity. Every day includes lots of fresh air and fun!
This program is available on a first come-first served basis to currently-enrolled children. If space permits, enrollment will open to children in our local community who are 3 to 6 years old.
Our daily agenda includes free play, group activities, active play and quiet time. Campers will enjoy two nutritious snacks and a delicious lunch. For those who need the rest, nap time is available. Summer camp hours are 8:30am to 4pm.
Please email email@example.com to register your interest.
Summer program fees for new students
- Registration and materials fee:
- $300 for each new student or
- $150 registration fee for each former student or sibling
- Tuition fee for children aged 3 to 6 years old:
- $2,700 for July and August, five days a week
- $1,620 for July and August, three days a week
- $1,080 for July and August, two days a week
Packing for the summer program
- A water bottle (to be taken home and sanitized daily)
- A small pillow and blanket for nap time (if applicable)
- Sunscreen (and sunscreen permission forms)
- Complete change of clothes, sometimes we get messy
- Large brimmed hat
- Closed toed indoor and outdoor shoes
- Friday is water play day each week, please bring water clothing, a small swim towel, and waterproof shoes.
2022 SCMS Summer Program: July 4 – August 26, 2022
Week 1, July 4-8 – Urban Adventures
Let’s learn all about where we live and what makes our community great! From our waterfront to the waterfalls, special buildings and fun places to go!
Week 2, July 11-15 – Passport to Fun!
Children will travel around the world to learn about the arts, cuisine, famous people and inventions from around the globe!
Week 3, July 18-22 – Let’s go Camping!
Let’s turn our playground into a campsite and learn all about camping! This week will include PJ Day and an optional Friday-night movie night under the stars!
Week 4, July 25-29 – Flora and Fauna Fun
Plant your own seeds, discover the parts of a flower and plant, explore animals and insects and what great things they do for us!
Week 5, August 1-5 – Shipwrecked!
All Aboard! Like the pirates, we will set sail on a course for adventure! We may even encounter sea creatures and mermaids!
Week 6, August 8-12 – Games, Glitter, Graffiti and Goop!
Enjoy all sorts of games, amazing art projects, and make your own goop!
Week 7, August 15-19 – Mix it Up!
A week where everything is opposite, upside down, inside out and absolutely no fun at all!
Week 8, August 22-26 – Heroes and Helpers
Learn all about jobs in our community! Children are welcome to share what cool jobs their parents have!
Week 9, August 22-26 – Anything Goes!
Campers plan the week – their favourite activities, or new activities they didn’t get to try.
The School is closed for a few days at the end of August for Fall preparations. You can see the entire school calendar on this page.