To place your child on the waiting list, please click here to complete a form (opens in a new window).
Stoney Creek Montessori hopes to welcome every applicant to our school. However, due to the following reasons, this may not be possible:
- Limited space. Each registered child requires a certain amount of space in the classroom and playground.
- Teacher-Child ratio. Each student requires ample attention and supervision. As such, classroom sizes are small.
- Student ages. Students currently registered move up to older classrooms based on their age. As such, sometimes there is a delay until children mature and the classroom has space.
- Student abilities and needs differ. We must have the capacity (teachers, resources, accessibility fixtures) to fulfil the needs of every child we register.
There is no fee associated with placing your child on the waiting list. You can contact our program supervisor at any time to find out where your child is on this waiting list.
While typically a child is placed on the waiting list based on the date and time of application, several elements may affect the order of this waiting list, including:
- Children who are siblings of current registrants
- Children of employees of Stoney Creek Montessori
- Children of parents who prefer the Montessori philosophy and would be limited in their options for childcare based on this preference.
Information provided when you register to our waiting list remains private and confidential to Stoney Creek Montessori School and will not be shared with any other agencies with the exception of those who have rights to this information by law.
If you have any questions about our waiting list, please contact us at (905) 662-2292 or by email.